Wednesday, July 30, 2008

My Latest Obsession




It all started with a clear glass pear at Target last fall. I put it on my birthday list and was so happy when I unwrapped a gift from Husband to find just what I wanted. Next, a magazine image, a pear tree. I had to have one to espalier on the chimney wall in our front yard. I found a tree that is grafted to bear three different varieties of pear and it was on clearance (it may be tacky but I can't help but share the joy of a bargain). It was planted this Spring. When I checked on it this evening it even had new growth. Now, it seems I can't get enough. I love these pear items and so many more. How much fun it would be to display a pear collection in my dinning room hutch!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just found you today & I think we may have been separated @ birth. Love every post. Pears our my new obsession also! Great choices. ~Jen

Karyn said...

Jen, isn't it fun!! Thanks for stopping in, I hope you'll be back for more.