Tuesday, July 08, 2008

115 Vintage Postcards!


I was wrong before when I mentioned that one of our girls' bedrooms was a Parisian theme, it is a travel theme so I've decided to use vintage postcards as a conversation piece in that room. As of 3:56 PST, I am the proud owner of 115 vintage postcards! Some of them are written on and some are not. I can't wait for them to come so that we can imagine the times had at each of these visited places. I'm thinking that they will go in a couple of large apothecary jars on the bookshelf and be spectacular.

4 comments:

All Things Blue said...

Oh my - i have been missing out on som fabulous post here in the past couple of days. The vintage post cards in a jar is a great idea! Now I've finally found good use for the tons of post cards I've received and saved over the years. Now I just have to find the perfect jar!

Karyn said...

You are so nice, All Things Blue! I also won a vintage camera and we changed our minds on the bedding. Tomorrow we are off to Ikea for a new bed and mattress and start putting it all together, yeah!

The House That A-M Built said...

What a fantastic idea and so exciting reading all the happy travel stories. A-M xx

Marie Reed said...

Decorating with vintage postcards is a great idea! There ie a restaurant in my town called L'Opera. He decorated with vintage postcards from opera houses around the world. It look groovy!