Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Affordable Art


I stopped by the Domino website and saw 'Affordable Art'. I was interested. There are some great art pieces shown. I love the piece shown above but I will never find it 'affordable' at £1,300 or $2,595. Now that's not to say that it is over priced. I simply don't have the means to spend that much on much of anything. I see this and immediately damn myself for not coming up with this great idea and wonder how I might replicate it. Someone will buy it, hang it and love it for it's beauty, it's story and it's price.

{Art.com, Highway 163, Monte Nagler}

This evening on the phone with my brother he mentioned that he had picked up two posters that he had framed ($300). One is a replacement for a poster I gave him years ago that was left behind in a recent long distance move. He loved it so as soon as he was settled, he got another. He will hang it soon and love it for it's beauty, it's story and it's price.


This morning I painted a Ram Ikea frame ($4.99) with left over black craft paint. 30 minutes later when the paint had dried I added a beautiful History of Birds print ($5.50) purchased on vacation in San Luis Obispo at Contessa Home (a favorite shop). Tomorrow I will hang it and I will love it for it's beauty, it's story and it's price. Isn't art amazingly individual?

1 comment:

beth said...

that is really sharp and a steal. no one would ever know it either!