Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Bicycle, Bicycle, Bicycle...


{Basic Bike, Sam Bowman; Flickr}

Had a chance to ride my bike today with the children. It has me thinking about how I've been wanting to beautify it for two years.

{bamboo bike in Sienna, Mike Seidman; Flickr}

I covet this bamboo bike and have ever since it or one like it was featured on the cover of the June 2006 Domino Magazine.
While I know I'm not going to be able to pull that off, I also know that my garage sale vintage cruiser has the potential to be a beauty.

{Flickr}

I just can't decide what color suits me so I'm still waiting for that epiphany moment. I know it's coming.

4 comments:

Taddie Tales said...

ooooo...what fun! I can't wait until my little ones legs are longer and we can actually ride together (instead of me walking along).

What about orange???

Karyn said...

Oooo, I do love orange! This is the first year that there are no children on the backs of our own bikes and it's a bit liberating. Next year (maybe the year after)we may go on a family bike ride on which I don't spend ever minute worrying about which of my four children is going to get run over or cause a fatal accident.

amy merrick said...

Love these bikes! I just adore the psychical design of bikes, what beautiful machines.

I have two bikes, couldn't decide between a roadbike from the 70's or a cruiser from the 50's.

Luckily just add paint, basket and leather seat and you've got a complete bike makeover.

Teal Chic said...

I love vintage bikes. How about TEAL?! :)