Thursday, March 18, 2010

Process

Just when I'd decided not to listen to my ideas anymore (they make me crazy), I went to the fabric store yesterday. Fell in love with two fabrics. One silk, one lace. Both a blush color. Didn't buy either. Came home, opened file with images of interest for Project #2 (cocktail dress for Intermediate Industry Sewing class). Wracked brain about how I could use these two fabrics together, in a way that would end up just right. Worried that my sewing skills were not adequate enough for the ideas I have. Worried that my ideas were too ambitious and would take too long leaving me behind (as usual). Worried that ideas were not exactly cocktail dress like but more summer wedding guest-ish. Decided I didn't care. Searched internet for images. Found one that's just what I've been thinking. Fell in love. Kept fingers crossed until class.
Cymbeline via Nibs

7 comments:

casapinka said...

Yeah, just make up your mind not to give a damn. I really caught my breath when i saw this dress you posted. i'm going to print it out for my inspiration journal - it's all that so wonderful about those fabrics. thank you thank you thank you for giving me this today!
p.s. look at the comment after yours on casapinka - too bad you guys can't get together!

imperfectly natural mama said...

That is a gorgeous dress, that model must be standing on a stool or something!!

Anonymous said...

It sounds like a beautiful project, the dress is gorgeous.. Have faith in your skills and determination, you know what you want and thats more than most!
:)

Anonymous said...

Trust your creative process, and don't "think" too much. I have no doubt that your project will be lovely!!

Karyn said...

It's official, I'm going to do it!

jezebel said...

I want that

heather jenkinson said...

I loved that post - so well written: been there, thought that. Hope you do it.