Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Naturally


I've been curious about bee nests and more specifically about housing one in our backyard. I love the idea having a special place in our yard for these pollinators and these nest are especially beautiful. I am a little sceptical only because bees do sting and we have neighbors to consider as well. One house I am certain should be added to our yard is the Toad in a Hole, which houses toads of course and their main diet includes slugs and snails!
Kinsman Company

3 comments:

Kerry said...

Who would have thought a bees nest could be so beautiful?

Anonymous said...

I am in the process of becoming a bee keeper. I have the hive and will get the bees and queen on the first of May. To acquaint myself with the process I took a 6 week course put on by the local bee keepers association. Learned a lot and made some new friends. There were 80 of use new bee keeper in the class. The hive ($100), Bees ($100), Class ($85) and accessories such as smoker,veil, foundation ran about ($80). New York City has just make bee keeping legal in the city. The White House has even installed a hive! I think it will be fun and I'm looking forward to giving honey as Christmas gifts. Good luck. Ann

Karyn said...

Linen Queen, that is so exciting. I'd love to hear about it as you go along. Really.