Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Bloom Time

I don't think I've mentioned this before but I could be wrong. I'm too lazy to take the time to look back over my previous posts to be sure. We have cherry tree in our yard. It has the most magnificent flowers. Each year I look forward to its bloom time and never am I disappointed.

Over the years I have come to know things about our tree. As soon as it blooms, we will have a heavy rain. I used to worry that the rain would ruin all of the blossoms but it doesn't. For the last two years ladybugs have used its trunk for the beginning stages of their life cycle. Finches visit each afternoon to sample it's nectar and the number of bees in that one tree in a single afternoon makes a music that has to be experienced to be appreciated.
Susannah Tucker Photography

1 comment:

The House That A-M Built said...

OMG it's glorious and how wonderful that you can read life through it! A-M xx