Saturday, June 25, 2011

The Weekend

My youngest sister was born the day after I turned six. For a long time, I honestly thought that she was mine; a late gift of sorts. Never did we resent having our birthdays so close. It's funny, we always thought of it as a special treat. This sister of mine is having a baby. Her shower is this weekend so naturally our weekend is full of party planning and celebration. The planning has been going on for months. I really hope it comes together as nicely as I have envisioned. Fingers crossed...

4 comments:

Debacled said...

Like. Can't wait to see pictures.

marisa said...

I know it will! So excitind to see it all!!!!

Anonymous said...

I personally think that you did a great job! You have always done a fabulous job in taking care of your brother and sisters! But, yes younger sister was your wonderful birthday gift! Congratulations to you too, Auntie Karyn!!

kathryn said...

Not fair writing such stuff when I am prone to teary eyes!
This picture is great but not as great as the ones of my real shower... it was PERFECT