Friday, May 14, 2010

Imagine

On a daily basis I think about the need to expand my vocabulary to include more descriptive word, words to use on this blog when talking about all of these beautiful images that really do inspire me to at least think about making my home more beautiful. "Love" is overused here and I'm well aware. . .

When I look at this perfect little backyard escape I want to demand of my husband that he drop everything to start and finish such a space for our yard in time for the arrival of our children from school this afternoon. I want to explain to him as he's building it (happily) and I'm helping, that this is going to be amazing and give us the key to a more enjoyable lifestyle. This is the space where he and I will sit in the evenings once the kids have gone to bed and enjoy the cool air after hot summer days. This is the place the kids will play in together making imaginary lives for themselves when left all alone, strengthening their bond with each other. We'll read books, share meals, visit with friends and even sit quietly alone listening to rain fall on it's roof with a cup of coffee here. He will agree wholeheartedly, of course.

If only it were really that simple.

4 comments:

A Perfect Gray said...

a lovely image and a lovely post....

M. Kasch said...

love, love, love. Any life would improve with this in it.

Heidi said...

The wisteria vine has my heart here. There is something about vines and I see you are fond of them too (your last post) They create a sense of romance, time, love and wilderness, perhaps wildness. Have a lovely weekend. Love, Heidi

Kelle Dame said...

I know! I can't even get over how cozy this looks! I could see my little girl in there with all her dollies! It could be so many other things...a little play school, a pretend restaurant, anything really! I'm sold.