Thursday, July 09, 2009

Simple Things


I have a weakness for upholstered pieces. I have pieces in my house just waiting to be renewed. I sometimes purchase them with no clear idea of where they are to go in our home. It's just so tempting.


When I thumb through magazines, my absolute favorites are the pieces that are left unfinished and a close second are the ones that look worn and mismatched like this bottom photo.

I think I'm just a hopeless romantic when it comes to interiors and furnishings. I like pieces that show the signs of having been loved.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Yes, I like them......sort of. The romantic in me wants to love them and dream about the life they've led but the Virgo in me wants them to be fixed and looking perfect. Interesting!!

Karyn said...

Jennifer, it is interesting. I'm the kind of girl who in her own home gets a project 95-99% done and then I'm ready to move to the next one. It makes my husband crazy!