Tuesday, June 09, 2009

In Review

As part of our (non)travel plans this week we are taking a look at Italy. Monday morning we headed over to the library where we stocked up on as much information as we could find about this destination. It wasn't much as our library is undergoing a renovation and so is temporarily housed in a small space with only a small selection of books. Anyhow, this book, My Italian Garden, happened to be one of the few there and it is fantastic! I will be purchasing one for my self. It has great recipes and an overview from the author on which plants to have in the garden each season. Plus, the writing style is excellent.

3 comments:

Debacled said...

I didn't make it to the Lotus Garden in Santa Barbara but I did get to the Rhododendron Gardens in Portland today. It's a beautiful, quiet place with many, many ducks and curious (creepy) squirrels. You would love it.

beachvintage.com said...

I adore garden books. I keep buying them and buying them. My plants are slowly starting to respond.

Karyn said...

Oh, Deborah, you know how any mention of squirrels immediately makes me think of T.C. Boyle short stories and then makes it impossible to imagine even the most beautiful of gardens.

I am going to go check out some images for sure.

Beach Vintage, it sounds like where there's a will, there's a way. And I'm that kind of girl too!