Friday, May 29, 2009

Weekend Forecast

This weekend calls for lots of time in the yard. A friend shared with me from her plantings yesterday. Creeping fig, a beautiful fern, ivy geranium and a ground cover whose name I don't know. It's perfect timing. I did some major weeding last weekend, started moving some of our plants around a bit and separating others that had gotten a little carried away. Now I'll fill in some vacancys with these newly acquired transplants.

I love to have plants in my yard that originated in another yard. We have Calla Lillies from Uncle Ray and Elephant Ear from a generous stranger. They make me happy.
Re

3 comments:

Claudia said...

That makes me happy too. It feels good.:)

beachvintage.com said...

I need to get in the garden too. I just need the ground to dry up a little from all the rain we have had. But thanks for inspiring.

mimi charmante said...

I adore your blog! I kept meaning to leave a comment on more recent posts, but every post was so lovely I couldn't stop!
Have a lovely weekend,
xo