Thursday, January 15, 2009

A Mere Formality

Miracles do happen! Husband is excited about my idea for a formal garden in the back yard rather than grass with flower beds on the perimeter. Now, mind you, I've been bringing up this idea about every 6 months for the last 3 years. I know that persistence pays off.

Now for the list. I'm making it big, I think I'll end up with more that way. We need a fountain, a bird bath, a koi pond, a shaded sitting area, a small house looking building (I'm not sure what for quite yet) and lots and lots of plants!


Amica said...

Wow, that is exciting. It seems like creating gardens for the sake of a GARDEN rather than a distant sort of decoration is getting a little rarer, which is a shame-- they're marvelous when you're inside a good one. Best of luck with it!

K said...

Oh how fantastic! I have such dreams for a garden one day! I absolutely love English gardens with lots of hedges and pebbled walks! The best of luck! I would love to see some of your plans!

compulsively compiled said...

It's all so exciting and I worry (not much though) that I make my family crazy thinking and planning. I can't wait to have our little piece of beauty.