Monday, September 01, 2008

Come to the Table

{Image;Mercedesfromtheeighties}

We headed over to San Francisco for the day on Saturday to spend some time with my sister, visit a few shops and see what the Slow Food Nation Event was all about. Our bus ride over was educational in itself as many of the riders had been taking part in the event all weekend so they were buzzing with excitement.


We only managed to catch the tail end of the farmers market event but it was very impressive. In addition to vendors with fruits and vegetables, there was education at each stand about the product and it's impact on the environment and/or it's benefit to an individuals diet.


On the grounds was a large garden with tomatoes, zucchini, lettuces and lots more, it was great to walk through and show our youngest that others are interested in this too, not just her lunatic mother. I will be looking forward to this event next year.

2 comments:

Pigtown*Design said...

LOVE the farmers market. We go every week and I take pix of the amazing fruits and veg. I have a foodie blog where I post them... and review local restaurants.

Karyn said...

Pigtown-design, I'll be over to check out that blog as I love your design one and am sure to love the food one as much if not more!