Friday, February 18, 2011

The Weekend

This week has flown by! I'm a bit behind today, I've been busy packing. We're heading to Asilomar for a weekend stay. I can't tell you how much I'm looking forward to it, it's such a restful retreat with beautiful architecture. It's Arts and Crafts style was designed between 1913 and 1928 by Julia Morgan, the first woman to earn a degree in architecture from UC Berkley. I find Julia Morgan to be a fascinating and inspiring individual and Husband's field of interest is architecture so I just know that we are going to have a great time exploring.

I'd love to hear how you will be spending your weekend! See you back here on Monday.

4 comments:

Miranda said...

Looks like the perfect retreat! I'd love one of those fireplaced rooms, as I sit here in Western Massachusetts, where it's cold and snowy and very windy at the moment.

Hope you have a great time!

La Petite Gallery said...

That sounds like my kind of weekend. Enjoy. yvonne

Karyn said...

Ladies, it was rainy and cold, but perfect, all the same!

marisaB said...

My daughter goes to julia morgan elementary! If you love her I bet I would too...Im so nosey I cant believe I havent already read her story...google is my best friend you know ;)